In this article, we’ll examine the best dog food for Pitbulls. Because of their muscular build, it’s important to choose a good dog food for Pitbulls. It’s vital that you choose a food that will satisfy their body’s demand to ensure they fill out their muscular frames.
Some breeds of dogs are much more challenging to care for than others. It is important to note that Pitbulls are a high maintenance breed and require special measures on the part of their owners. If you are considering bringing this dog into your home, I strongly recommend reading this article to learn more about the best food for a Pitbull.
What is the Best Dog Food for Pitbulls?
If you have a Pitbull, you have to be aware of his special dietary needs. This is because the dog is likely to be large and strong. The pitbull has the tendency to overeat, which can quickly lead to a weight issue. That being said, choosing the best good for a Pitbull will depend heavily on how active your dog is.
Most Pitbulls are very active, so this needs to be taken into account. Pitbulls need a special kind of diet that can sustain their immense strength and energy. With their high metabolism rate, Pitbulls will burn calories quickly. We suggest a high protein dog food for Pitbulls.
A good for Pitbulls will consist of protein as the number-one ingredient. Because they are so active, we also recommend something with a mix of real fruits and vegetables to give them the vitamins and nutrients they need.
Listed below, we’ve got our standard picks for some of the best dog food for pitbulls.
The Best Dog Food for Pitbulls: Various Brands
1. Best Dog Food for Pitbulls to Build Muscle: Maximum Bully Elite K9 Nutrition Chicken and Pork Dog Food
- 481 KCAL/Cup
- Protein: 32%, Fat: 22%
- Chicken and pork meal are the first two ingredients to promote the protein intake your dog needs
- Yeast extract helps your dog maintain a healthy digestive tract
- Amino acids to promote healthy development
- Contains DHA, Omega-3, and Omega-6 fatty acids
- Rice bran
- Spray dried egg product
- Fish meal
- Flax seed
- Beet pulp
- Dried apples, cranberries, and spinach
- Vitamins B6, A, E, and D3
- Promotes huge muscle growth
- Gives your dog that ripped look
- Contains vital nutrients your dog needs for optimal health
- Great taste your dog loves
- Has important Omega-3 fatty acids
- Has important fruit and vegetable content
- May cause excessive bowel movement when you first switch but stops after a few days
This incredible blend Elite K9 is the best dog food for Pitbulls to build muscle. The formula consists of proteins as the first two ingredients, and has additional protein sources after that in fish meal and others. Additionally, you’ll find other important additives like fax seed, rice bran, and other dried vegetables and fruits your dog needs for things like healthy vision and shiny coat. If you have a competition Pitbull or just love that ripped bully look, you can’t miss this as the best dog food for Pitbulls to gain muscle.
2. Best Dog Food for Pitbulls With Sensitive Stomachs: Blue Buffalo Wilderness Duck Recipe Dog Food
- All-natural dog food made with no poultry byproduct meal, wheat, soy or corn
- Rich in antioxidants to support your dog’s immune system
- 34% protein, 15% fat
- Number one ingredient is real duck to create lean muscle mass
- Grain free with healthy carbs like sweet potatoes and peas
- Deboned duck
- Pea protein
- Fish meal
- Sweet potatoes
- Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B7, B12, and D3
- Uses duck as number one source of protein
- Great for your dog’s coat
- Formula imitates the natural diet found in the wild
- Good carbs for energy and amino acids for muscle building
- Great for dog’s with sensitive stomachs
- May take certain dogs awhile to get used to the taste
Blue Buffalo is known for having an all-natural formula that closely replicates that of a carnivore found in the wild. This promotes optimal growth and a full nutrition profile for your dog. Additionally, if your dog has a sensitive stomach or skin issues, many owners that have dogs with the same conditions report a vast improvement. This duck recipe has a high protein count to build lean muscle and raw fruit ingredients for a healthy serving of antioxidants.
3. Best Dog Food for Senior Pitbulls: Go! Solutions Carnivore Grain-Free Senior Dog Food
- 32% Protein, 14% Fat
- Supports healthy digestion for your senior Pitbull
- Natural meat and 11 real animal ingredients
- Protein rich to maintain strong muscles as your dog ages
- Supports the vision and heart health your senior-aged dog needs
- Chicken meal
- Turkey meal
- Salmon meal
- De-boned chicken
- De-boned turkey
- De-boned trout
- Sweet potatoes
- Vitamins B3, B12, D3 and E
- Huge source of protein to maintain your senior Pitbull’s muscle mass
- Formulated to support heathy hips and joints
- Contains taurine to promote vision and heart health
- Great for digestion as your dog ages
- Multiple protein sources may give your dog diarrhea at switching
When Pitulls begin to age, some of the first areas they suffer in is the hips and joints. Eventually their digestive system and vision suffers as well. The solution contained in this offering from go! Solutions contains glucosamine for your dog’s joint and cartilage health. Probiotics help them maintain a healthy digestive system, and the high protein content ensures they maintain that bully muscle mass well into their golden years.
4. Best Dog Food for Pitbull Puppies: Blue Buffalo Wilderness Large Breed Puppy Dog Food
- Protein: 35%, Fat: 14%
- Packed with high-protein chicken content for your Pitbull puppy’s muscle development
- Healthy ingredients like DHA and ARA, found naturally in mother’s milk
- Antioxidants for critical support of a young puppy’s immune system
- De-boned chicken
- Chicken meal
- Pea protein
- Pea starch
- Fish meal
- Flax seed
- Sweet potatoes
- Vitamins B5, B7, B12, D3, and E
- Great source of omega-3 fatty acids
- DHA and ARA for Pitbull puppy cognitive development
- High protein for vital development of young muscle
- Easy on the stomach to prevent gas problems
- If your puppy isn’t active the protein and fat content could lead to unwanted weight gain
Best Dog Food Brand for Pitbulls Made With Completely Raw Ingredients
The best dog food for Pitbulls is a brand that has high-quality, human-grade ingredients. Our pick for the best dog food brand for Pitbulls is from a company called Wysong. This company is known for producing some of the highest-quality dog food available on the market. Everything they manufacture is made from all-natural, real ingredients.
First, and most importantly, the Wysong company was founded by Dr. R. Wysong, a health professional. These are some of the benefits and features of this high protein dog food for Pitbulls.
- Only natural and whole ingredients are used to formulate their food
- The ingredients are always fresh and raw, and never made from byproducts
- It’s packed with probiotics, enzymes, and other micronutrients
- It has natural antioxidants
- Full of Omega-3 fatty acids
- Everything is 100% organic, free-range, and raised in a humane manner
- The food is formulated in what’s known as “the prey model.” Everything is made with real meat and organs, just like it would be in the wild.
- The maximum amount of meat is used in every bag
The Best Dog Food for Pitbulls from Wysong
In this section, we’ll list the best dog food for Pitbulls from Wysong. They have several selections that are perfectly formulated for the highly active lifestyle of this breed. Each of these is separated in terms of what they’re best for regarding your dog’s diet.
1. Wysong Epigen 90 – Best Dog Food for Pitbulls to Gain Muscle
This is the best dog food for Pitbulls to gain muscle. Wysong Epigen 90 is packed with a mind-boggling 63% protein for dogs who are actively competing or looking to gain serious muscle. When you have a show dog, working dog, or competing dog, you need the best dog food for Pitbulls to gain muscle, and Wysong Epigen 90 does an incredible job at doing just that. Additionally, this formula is packed with 60% of pure meat ingredients, making it a great primary source for iron, protein, and Vitamin B12. This selection is also starch-free, making it a great choice for dogs that are on a low-carb diet. If you need the best high protein dog food for Pitbulls, Wysong Epigen 90 is the clearcut winner in this category.
- 63% protein and 16% fat
- Organic chicken is the #1 ingredient, and makes up 60% of the content of this dog food
- Contains coconut oil and chia seeds for your dog’s coat
- Rich in vitamins D3 and B12
- Packed with probiotics, prebiotics, micronutrients, antioxidants and Omega-3
2. Wysong Optimal Performance – Best Dog Food for Pitbulls that Weigh Over 80 lbs.
This is the best dog food for Pitbulls overall. Wysong Optimal Performance contains an incredible 50% protein and real freeze-dried chunks of shredded chicken. This all-natural, high protein dog food for Pitbulls has the benefits of raw feeding and high-quality kibble, all in one package. Additionally, this variety has low carbs, as well as a low glycemic index. There are also high levels of probiotics, enzymes, micronutrients, and Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Contains a whopping 50% protein, 15% fat, and 5.5% fiber. The protein content makes it the best dog food for Pitbulls to gain muscle.
- Main ingredients are chicken meal, organic chicken, turkey meal, potato protein, and peas.
- Also contains kale, spinach, fish oil, kelp, carrots, and dried yogurt.
- Everything your dog needs for nutrition, a healthy coat, and bone and joint health
- Great for Pitbulls of all weights
3. Wysong Fundamentals – Best Dog Food for Pitbulls to Maintain Weight
In our opinion, this is a good food for Pitbulls that are medium-to-large in size and weight and stay fairly active. This dog food is formulated to cater to a Pitbull’s muscular frame and highly active lifestyle. Made from only the highest quality chicken and brown rice, your dog will love the taste of this incredible formula. The number of ingredients in this particular variety is limited, which can help your dog avoid stomach issues.
- First four ingredients are chicken meal, brown rice, organic chicken, and chicken fat
- Full of B3 and B12
- Also contains asparagus and other healthy vegetables
- Protein is 40%, and the fat content is 15%. There’s also a 4% fiber content
4. Wysong Synorgon – Best Dog Food for Pitbulls to Lose Weight
This is the best dog food for Pitbulls that weigh less than 70 pounds. If your pitbull has a smaller frame, but you still want them to maintain its muscle definition and strength, this is probably the best option for them. This is also a good food for Pitbulls that are looking to lose weight. It’s lower in fat but still has a high protein content.
- First four ingredients are chicken meal, brown rice, organic chicken, and turkey meal
- Also contains peas and other vegetables for maximum nutrition
- Formulated with beef fiber for additional flavor
- 27% protein and only 13% fat
Not every Pitbull owner wants to feed their dog dry food. Sometimes dogs are a bit picker or require a special diet to fulfill their needs. What is the best wet dog food for Pitbulls?
The Best Wet Dog Food for Pitbulls
Normally, wet dog foods aren’t recommended for Pitbulls, mostly because of their size. Wet dog foods are reserved normally for smaller breeds, but there are certain exceptions.
If your pitbull is a picky eater or is recovering from a vet procedure and needs higher levels of hydration, wet dog food could be the best option. Wysong also makes excellent wet dog food for Pitbulls made from organic chicken. This variety also contains:
- Sweet potato
- Organic barley
The protein content is 9%, and the fat is 7. However, the moisture content is 75%, making it a great option for recovering or dehydrated dogs.
What about the best dog food for Pitbull puppies to gain weight? Wysong also has a product for this class. Let’s take a look at the best puppy food for Pitbulls.
Best Puppy Food for Pitbulls
Wysong Growth Puppy Formula is our pick for the best dog food for Pitbull puppies to gain muscle. This recipe is packed with 30% protein and fresh meat and organs to start your puppy off on nothing but the best kibble. The ingredients in Wynsong’s version of puppy chow contains the following ingredients to get your dog off to a great start for building muscle:
- Chicken meal
- Brown rice
- Turkey meal
- Chicken fat
- Beet fiber
- Crab meal
Each of these items is designed to help your dog’s muscle, bones, eyes, coat, and digestive development. When a young Pitbull puppy is growing and developing, they need a plethora of items to give them the nutrition they need. Wysong provides all of these items to make it the best puppy food for Pitbulls.
What about supplements or toppers? Pitbulls benefit substantially from high-protein additions to their food. Wysong has a solution for this as well.
Best Dog Food for Pitbulls as a Topper
Wysong Optimize comes in bite-sized pieces and works great as a topper or treat for your dog. Every piece is a real chunk of meat mixed with a blend of micronutrients and an organic mushroom formula. Optimize comes in the following flavors:
- Wild-caught salmon
- Beef liver and mushroom
Wysong Optimize is great for Pitbulls of any size. This incredible addition contains an impressive 70% protein, making it great for maintaining muscle.
Which Dog Food for Pitbulls is Right for My Dog?
To decide which variety is the best for your dog specifically, you should take the following factors into account.
How much does your dog weigh? If your dog is heavy because of muscle mass, you’ll want a high-protein dog food to maintain that muscle, especially if they are active. However, if your dog’s weight is mostly fat, you should consult your vet about putting them on a low-fat diet.
Your dog’s age will also come into play. If your dog is a puppy, obviously you’ll want the puppy formula. There are also options for senior-aged dogs as well. Dog foods based on age contain ingredients specifically for that age group.
3. Activity Levels
Take into account how active your dog is. If they’re extremely active, most likely, they have a high metabolism. In this case, you’ll want something with high-protein and higher fat content to make up for the energy they burn.
When you’re looking for a rich source or protein and all-natural ingredients for your dog, Wysong is the best dog food for Pitbulls. This selection is packed with all of the essential elements an active dog needs, and does a great job at helping them form and maintain their muscle definition.
Regardless of the age and weight of your Pitbull, Wysong has a formula that works for every stage of life. Whether it’s dry dog food or wet dog food, there’s something available for every dog regardless of their diet.
How Often Should I Add a Topper to My Dog’s Food?
Normally it’s a good idea to add a topper once per day. It’s usually best to do this in the evening for their last meal. Alternatively, you can break the servings up into smaller portions and use them with each meal. You can also add fresh fruits to your dog’s food too, and mix them with the topper.
What Should I Feed My Pitbull that Has a Sensitive Stomach?
If your Pitbull has a sensitive stomach, you should consider dog food that has low amounts of ingredients. Something like Wysong Fundamentals would probably be a suitable option.
What’s the Best Way to Change my Dog’s Diet?
You should always consult your vet before changing your dog’s diet. However, whenever you do change their food, you should do it gradually. Dog’s tend to have sensitive stomachs, and new food should be introduced over time.
Can I Use a Topper for My Puppy?
Yes, using a topper is suitable for puppies. We actually encourage this, as they contain important vitamins that promote your dog’s growth and muscle development.