Lake Buena Vista, Fla. – Several Walt Disney World Resort hotels will begin welcoming guests along with their canine companions starting Oct. 15.
The Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort and the cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will all be part of this pilot program.
The new service permits up to two dogs per guest room and each resort also offers easy access to outdoor pet exercise areas and green spaces with pet relief areas.
Disney says that dogs staying in Disney resort guest rooms must be well behaved, leashed in resort public areas and properly vaccinated.
The theme parks resort hotels that house guests dogs will have some special amenities just for the four-legged friends:
- At check-in, Pluto’s Welcome Kit includes a mat, bowls, a pet ID tag, courtesy plastic disposable bags, puppy pads and dog walking maps. Also included: a Pluto “Do Not Disturb” door hanger indicating to hotel staff that a pet is in the room.
- Day care and other pet services are offered nearby at Best Friends, and an on-property full-service pet care facility. Fees apply.
- Coming soon – select pet merchandise at the four resort properties.
There is an additional pet-cleaning fee when guests book a resort room with their dog:
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort $75/night
- Cabins at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Resort $50/night
For more information about the new dog-friendly trial program, including other restrictions and policies, guests may contact 407-W-DISNEY.